[SunHELP] Do you need to break the mirror when replacing a ba d hard drive ?

Low, Adam sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Wed Jul 4 09:48:45 CDT 2001

If you already have another drive in there then you can use the metareplace but if you dont you need to dettach the submirror  , shutdown, replace drive, reboot and finally re-create the submirror.

There are plenty of docs on this that describe how to add and remove drives/mirrors:

http://docs.sun.com:80/ab2/coll.260.2/@Ab2CollView?Ab2Lang=C&Ab2Enc=iso-8859-1

Cheers,
Adam