[SunHELP] SSA and fiber card being a royal PITA

James Fogg sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Tue Jul 3 07:02:24 CDT 2001

On Mon, 02 Jul 2001, THOU SPAKE:
many of us out there have machines named zaphod? My pc running
> Sol8x86 is zaphod.agrijag.com ! :) I also have a trillian, and at times a ford, and my domainname
> agrijag is also an obscure character from hhgttg :)

My linux farm machines are named after hhgttg characters. Prefect, hog (heart
of gold) and zaphod. My only NT machine is named Onan, cause it spills its
seed on the ground from time to time. My growing collection of Macs have
McDonalds names (Big Mac, Ronald, McCheese, cookiemonster and fryguy (it fried
a power supply). Big Mac is an honorary title and goes to whatever is the
biggestfastestcoolest Mac I have at the time.

Who here hasn't named Sun equipment after mythological characters that deal
with the sun? My SS5 is Icarus, my Ultra5 is Daedalus (Icarus' father) and my
SS4 is Naucrate (Icarus' slave mother).

Some other good Sun names:
Adaheli, sun god of Surinam.
Helios, greek sun god.
Ah-Kin, Mayan sun god.
Ahau-Kin, Same Mayan sun god, but its daytime name.
but hey... theres a million more. If you are ever looking for a mythological or
diety name for a machine, check out www.pantheon.org and you will find what you
are looking for.

	 James D. Fogg, Network Engineer
	Vicinity Corporation - Lebanon, NH

     DESK (603) 442-1751 - CELL (603) 252-1864
     PAGER (802) 742-0280 - HOME (603) 526-7729
            EMAIL jfogg at vicinity.com

If you can read this e-mail, Thank a Network Engineer!