[SunHELP] hello

Andrew Vendryes sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Tue Jul 3 00:52:34 CDT 2001

At 09:49 AM 2001-07-03 +0530, Rupesh Ramesh Gandhi (SSD-BLRSJP-SIP) wrote:

>	I have installed Solaris 2.7 on a Intel based machine ...

I think you mean Solaris 7 (or SunOS 5.7)

>but I have a slight porblem it didnt detect my network card ...
>which is 82558 very popular n cheap in the market ...

The Solaris (Intel Platform Edition) Hardware Compatibility Lists may be
found here:

	<http://soldc.sun.com/support/drivers/hcl/#S7>

Solaris 7 (Intel Platform Edition) 11/99 Hardware Compatibility List (Last
updated May 2001)
Solaris 7 (Intel Platform Edition) 8/99 Hardware Compatibility List
Solaris 7 (Intel Platform Edition) 5/99 Hardware Compatibility List
Solaris 7 (Intel Platform Edition) 3/99 Hardware Compatibility List  (Last
updated April 1999)
Solaris 7 (Intel Platform Edition) Hardware Compatibility List (FCS)

Verify which one you should be using.

According to the latest Solaris 7 HCL at :

<http://soldc.sun.com/support/drivers/hcl/7/1199/files/c0111.htm#X86HCL-2476
17>

That chipset is supported in the following cards:

EtherExpress PRO/100+ (82558) (PCI)
EtherExpress PRO/100+ (82558/82559) (PCI)

Is your card one of them or is is something else with the 82558 chipset?

>could nebody please suggest me the proper network driver for the same ??

If your card is not an EtherExpress PRO/100+ that could be your problem.
Consult the HCL and ensure that you have a card that is listed on it.

>	There is one more problem with the machine ... its not able
>to detect my Cirrus Logic graphics card also .. there is some problem with
>the
>resolution can u suggest me drivers for that too ...

The HCL lists several different supported models from Cirrus Logic. It also
has this note:

	"Note - The information in the Video Chip column does not guarantee that
video cards made by another manufacturer using the same video device will
work. Only the specific models listed by Vendor, Model, Bus, and Video Chip
have been tested."

--
Andrew
Andrew Vendryes -- andrew at avdotnet.net