[SunHELP] Max partition sizes

Frank-Christian Kruegel sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Mon Jul 2 10:17:24 CDT 2001

On Mon, 2 Jul 2001 09:09:37 -0400, you wrote:

>I have an SS5 running Sol7, with plans for Sol8. I am going to add a =
large
>SCSI disk (30 gig). I wish to set it up as one large slice.=20
>
>What are the filesystem limits of Sol7 and Sol8? I am not concerned with=
 the
>filesize limits, but the slice size limits and # of files limits.

There are only a few limits for you:
- The root slice must not exceed 2047M on this machine
- The swap slice must not exceed 2047M on this machine

root should be slice a, swap slice b, backup (the whole disk) slice c, =
and the
rest is up to you.

The other slices have no limit you should be worried about. If you'd ask =
for
30TB instead of 30GB, things would be different.

Mit freundlichen Gr=FC=DFen

Dipl.-Ing. Frank-Christian Kr=FCgel
IstDa Kommunikationssysteme