[SunHELP] serial cable

George Munk sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Mon Jul 2 09:21:15 CDT 2001

Steve,

The Cisco stuff that works for me is:

RJ-45 ribbon cable, mine happens to be black
female DB-9/RJ-45, "TERMINAL" label on one side, "74-0495-01" on the other
male DB-25/RJ-45, "MODEM CAB-5MODCM" and "29-0881-01" labels

Regards,
George Munk

>>> steve at velosystems.net 06/30/01 12:59AM >>>

I need to get a cable to connect my laptop to a Sun E450's serial port,
the kind with the RJ45-DB25 or RJ45-DB9 connectors and a flat UTP wire
running in between. I have plenty of the cables at work, from Cisco
devices and such, but it seems the connector doohickeys I have tried are
incompatible. Are there different kinds of connectors? If I want to go
out and buy one what do I need to ask/look for? TIA.