[SunHELP] sarcheck - anyone using it ?

Josh McCormick sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Wed Feb 28 12:22:19 CST 2001

We did a 30 day eval on it. It gave some good suggestions, and the
analysis was even in the ballpark in some odd situations I threw at it.
I've recommended that they try to gather some data from mpstat (mutex
contention, voluntary/involuntary context switching) which they're
mulling over. A new version for Solaris is supposed to be released soon.

The selling point for this product seems to be that it is a 'supported'
product that is similar to the SE Toolkit. And, it gives english
language descriptions of what is going on, which is appropriate for
managers and sysadmins alike.

I'd recommend that anyone who finds this slightly interesting to go to
their website (www.sarcheck.com?) and get an eval. Good stuff.