[SunHELP] Solaris 2.6 Memory Limitation

Fletcher, Joe sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Wed Feb 28 12:06:17 CST 2001

Some o/s have extensions to the memory management such that physical
addresses above 4Gb
can be mapped into addressable space thereby making use of the extra RAM.
However there
is overhead associated with doing this. Ultimately, if you seriously want to
play with VLM
systems then 64bit is the only way to do it properly. Go to Solaris 8 where
possible and where your hardware will benefit.