[SunHELP] Sun monitor

Albertson, Chris sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Mon Feb 26 18:04:01 CST 2001

Not all Suns have video.  Some are configured to run with no
CRT, Keyboard or mouse.  If yours has a place to plug in a
monitor then it will look like a standard DB25 connector put
with three very large size pins and about nine or ten normal
size pins.  It's pretty unmistakeable.  You can buy
adaptors so that you can use a multisync PC monitor on your
Sun. for about $35 to $50.

You can also unplug the K/B and mouse and connect a serial
ASCII terminal to the first serial port.  At boot up the
system will find the terminal.  Use a PC or mac running a terminal
emulation program if you don't have a "real" terminal.