[SunHELP] Speaking of killing processes....

David Bishop sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Fri Feb 23 16:12:31 CST 2001

I need to have a script go out and kill a group of processes, all with the
same binary name.  I've figured out how to get a list of the process ids (ps
-ax | grep datd | cut -f1 -d" ") but don't know enough about shell
programming to figure out how to stuff that into an array, then iterate
through that array doing a kill -9.  Any ideas? I know this should be a quick
2 or 3 liner, I'm just braindead on a Friday afternoon :-)  And yes, this is
all standard bourne shell on a Solaris 7 Ultra60.  Not that is should matter
to the shell...

TIA,

D.A.Bishop

P.S. Be nice to the newbie *grin*