[SunHELP] adding another A5100 array

Austad, Jay sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Fri Feb 23 15:22:49 CST 2001

I have an A5000 and an A5100 array connected to an ultra enterprise 3500.
Each array has 2 gbics in it, and the fiber cables are crossed so each array
is on two different SBUS cards in case of failure. I just bought another
SBUS card with 2 GBIC's in it and another A5100 array. I don't want to plug
both ports on the array into the new card, I'd like to get each port on a
different card.

Can I just move around the fiber the way I want and do a boot -r? Will this
screw up my volumes? (I'm running VxVM) Otherwise, how would I go about
this?

Jay Austad
Network Administrator
CBS Marketwatch