[SunHELP] using dd

Lee Khuong sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Tue Feb 6 13:55:33 CST 2001

Ed,

You need to specify the block size for the input and output file.  The
default block size is only 512, it will take forever to get your backup
done.  Try this.

# dd if=/dev/rdsk/c0t10d0s0 of=/dev/rdsk/c0t11d0s0 bs=1024k

However, with a filesystem that has only 1.5gb of data, it's much better
to go with a tar than a dd on a 17gb filesystem as Jeff Howie thought.

Lee