[SunHELP] using dd

Steve Pribyl sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Tue Feb 6 13:42:30 CST 2001

dd copies byte for byte the whole device even if it is not used.
when I do some thing like this I ususally add bs=409600.  This will make
the reads and writes larger so it goes faster.  You may have to test this
409600 was for an HP K class box.  This can make performace worse if the
block size is too large.

Steve Pribyl
spribyl at enteract.com
http://www.enteract.com/~spribyl