[SunHELP] NAT & DHCP router

Tim Chong sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Mon Feb 5 05:50:46 CST 2001

Hi guys,

I tried to find as much on my own as I can, but didn't really find something
I wanted, so excuse me if this is repeated:

Hardware & Networks
96/1G SPARCstation LX
Solaris 2.6 or 7 or 8, or NetBSD 1.5 <- which one is better for this task?
501-2015 sbus card
Cable modem (dynamic IP address is given out by provider's DHCP server)
Internal Network of a few Macintosh, Windows and Solaris box (wish to have
internal DHCP server within the masqueraded NAT network)

---------------
| CABLE MODEM |
---------------

   | (Dynamic IP assignment via ISP's DHCP)
   |

   | (le0)
-------------------
| SPARCstation LX |
-------------------
         | (le1)

    (Internal LAN, NAT hopefully served by a DHCP server on the LX)

Is there any cook book aka dummy guide for this? I'll put a how-to page when
this is all done.

Thanks in advance,
--
Tim Chong <oeyvind at mac.com>
PGP Fingerprint: F8AC CF1E 86CB C42D  F29F B0AB 02B9 D2B1

SPAM > /dev/null