[SunHELP] Staging Solaris from Linux

Tige D. Chastain sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Sun Dec 16 23:03:48 CST 2001

Hello all.

  I have a Dual 100 MHZ Sun Sparc 10 that I want to load Solaris 7.  I
have the CDs for Solaris 7, however, I don't have a CD-ROM drive for the
Sparc box.  I do have 7 Linux machines on the local network that I can
use to stage the Solaris images from.  Does anyone know of a way to boot
the Sparc box via tftp from linux and load Solaris via the network?

I have seen the procedures for this if doing it from a Solaris box to a
Solaris box.  I have also successfully loaded Linux on a Sparc box from
another Linux box.  The key question seems to be, what is Solaris
looking for to tell it where the images are, which packages to
install,etc.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Tige Chastain