[gonufer at yahoo.com: Re: [SunHELP] ethernet aliases]

Will Yardley sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Sat Dec 15 02:43:03 CST 2001

this was _exactly_ the answer i was looking for, so i'm forwarding it as
a fyi.

----- Forwarded message from Greg <gonufer at yahoo.com> -----

From: Greg <gonufer at yahoo.com>
To: Will Yardley <william at hq.newdream.net>
Subject: Re: [SunHELP] ethernet aliases
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 23:29:22 -0800

On 12/14/01 03:36 PM, Will Yardley wrote:

>yup - that was my fallback plan if i couldn't figure out a simpler way.
>just surprising there's no way to add aliases in one of the flat
>configuration files.   i will just go ahead and edit the startup
>scripts.

Why not just:

	echo xxx.yyy.zzz.www > /etc/hostname.le0:1

?

There's no need to edit the Sun-supplied startup scripts, any changes
may get overwritten via patching or upgrading.

-greg

----- End forwarded message -----

--
Experience -- a great teacher, but the tutition fees...