[SunHELP] install Partial Locales

Martín Marqués sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Fri Dec 14 07:17:26 CST 2001

I need to install these packages: SUNWploc and SUNWploc1

The problem is that after finding the directories that contain these packages
in /cdrom/sol_8_sparc/s1/tmp/root/var/sadm/pkg of the first CD of Solaris 8,
I try to install the 2 packages with pkgadd and I get an error:

Processing package instance <SUNWplow> from
</cdrom/sol_8_sparc/s1/tmp/root/var/sadm/pkg>
pkgadd: ERROR: unable to access pkgmap file
</cdrom/sol_8_sparc/s1/tmp/root/var/sadm/pkg/SUNWplow/pkgmap>

No changes were made to the system.

What can be wrong? There is no pkgmap, not only in the directories of the
packages I want to install, there is no pkgmap at all.

Any idea on what can be wrong?

--
Porqui usar una base de datos relacional cualquiera,
si podis usar PostgreSQL?
Martmn Marquis                  |        mmarques at unl.edu.ar
Programador, Administrador, DBA |       Centro de Telematica
                       Universidad Nacional
                            del Litoral