[SunHELP] FTP Timing Out

sunhelp at sunhelp.org sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu Dec 13 07:51:06 CST 2001

Good morning,

I need to transfer over 24,500 TIF files, about 1.4 GB, from a Wintel PC to a
Solaris 2.6 server. I can do it using drag and drop from the Windows Explorer to
a Samba mounted Unix partition, but it is very slow. When I start an FTP
session, it quits after approximately 30 minutes, after moving 9998 files for a
total of 594 MB. I heard that there is a time-out built into FTP, and want to
disable it or find a workaround. My ultimate goal is to put the whole thing in a
script. Any suggestions.

Andrew Rotramel