[SunHELP] Low-level formatting multiple drives

Will Mc Donald sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Mon Dec 10 14:28:09 CST 2001

Is dd low enough level to copy formatting information from disk to disk (I'm
sure I've dd'ed from one matching disk without partitioning and labelling it
beforehand).

Could you format one disk, then dd that disk to another on a separate
controller, then dd both of these disk images to the next pair, then dd
those four to the next and so on until you're done? If that works you could
just script and optimise across buses, controllers and disks as appropriate.

Will.