[SunHELP] Failed Ultra 1 fans

Bill Bradford sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu Aug 30 22:41:48 CDT 2001

On Thu, Aug 30, 2001 at 02:26:46PM -0400, Tim Longo wrote:
> I suppose you could replace the fan if you could find one, but I like the
> idea of the heatsink better... no moving parts.

Sun will replace the motherboard if its an Ultra 1-140/140E with a failed
fan; they'll put in a 170E board.

I had a fan go bad on a 170E board (early rev, with the fan) - the local
Sun FE just took an identical fan off a PC heatsink/fan combo, and spliced
it into the power connector for the old fan, since they were out of stock /
no longer produced.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford