[SunHELP] >80 columns at the console...

Michael Vang sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu Aug 30 13:17:58 CDT 2001

BTW, that was with a 1024x768 screen... I just tried it with a 800x600 screen
and I got 132 columns, but I couldn't increase the number of rows... There is
a 2" strip of whitespace at the top and bottom of the screen... Once I get to
the graphical portion everything fills the screen... This problem only happens
in the console...

At 1024x768 the font is very large, while at 800x600 it is very small... I
guess what I need to do is make the small font the default font at 1024x768,
but how?

I'm limited to 1024x768 by my monitor...

One further, but unrelated question:

I've been trying to make the man pages come out formatted to fit the window
instead of the 80 column default, mainly to save paper if I want to print one
out... I've looked at the man manpage, the less & more manpages and various
environment settings but I am getting nowhere... A gentle nudge in the right
direction would be appreciated...

Thanks!