[SunHELP] ss1000 fan woes

David Rouse sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Tue Aug 28 20:00:18 CDT 2001

The the middle fan (a Nidec A33875-72) on my ss1000 is dead. I've had no
luck in trying to find a fan of that model, the best I could find was
someone wanting a minimum order of 18 of them (at $30+ each).

The non-Nidec fans I've found have been too wide (the fan is 7" by 1.5")
or AC instead of DC.

I tried unplugging the fan from the tray, dropping the temp in the house
and putting a household fan against the case -- but the machine won't
let itself run without the fan running. The final error message is:

*** WARNING Fan Fail Interrupt ***
*** WARNING Overtemp Detected. TRIPPING MAIN BREAKER ***

Does the ss1000 really have a temp sensor, or is it just shutting down
the computer because the one fan isn't running (the inside of the case
didn't seem that warm and nothing smelled/sounded hot)?

If the temps are probably okay, is there anyway to bypass the fan fail
message?

Anyone know of a place to get a decent price on a Nidec A33875-72?

Thanks for any suggestions.

--
David Rouse
Our World - Your World - RouseWorld