[SunHELP] How to change my shell environment?

Hichael Morton sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Tue Aug 28 18:39:28 CDT 2001

Kar,

The changes have to be made to the /etc/passwd file.  This can be
accomplished with root access only (or being a member to the sysadmin
group).

If you do not have root access, you can type ksh at the prompt and your
shell will then become the korn shell.

Your shell is currently the "c" shell, csh, and it does not use the
.profile file; it uses the .login file so changes to .profile do affect
csh.

The system administrator for your site can also make the change.

Hope this helps,

MH