[SunHELP] SunPCi startup problem

Christopher Smiga sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Mon Aug 27 10:48:30 CDT 2001

--------------CD265E2E7C02424D1A9E8419

Stephen,

First, I suggest that you re-seat the SunPCi card into your SPARC box.
Also re-seat the memory to your SunPCi board. Is this SunPCi card the
400 Mhz version? If so, try downloading SUNPCi software version 1.3 from
Sun's site. Check the OBP version of your SPARC box and check the BIOS
version on your SunPCi card.  All of this is important. If these are not
updated (hardware and software) your system will be problematic. Sun has
doumentation to let you know what revs you need to be at for your
machine. I've been through this myself, and to have everything in sync
is important to the stability of your box. Here is a good place to
start.

SunPCi Downloads
http://www.sun.com/desktop/products/sunpci/sunpci_download.html

--
Christopher Smiga
Enterprise Management Architect
e-Mail: csmiga at yahoo.com

EMCion - Enterprise Managment Center Ion
http://www.emcion.org

Stephen O'Driscoll wrote:

> Hi everyone,
> I've just installed SunPCi 1.2. I'm now trying to run it and I'm
> having some difficulty.
> When I start a command terminal and type /opt/SUNWspci/bin/sunpci I
> get a number of error
> messages. The sunpci window launches but I get no DOS prompt (as I am
> lead to believe should appear).
> Then when I try to exit the sunpci window the machine hangs.
> I am running Solaris 7 on an Ultra 5.
>
> Has anyone come across this before???
>
> Stephen
>
> --
> Stephen O'Driscoll,
> Environmental Monitoring & Space Science Group,
> Dept. of Applied Physics & Instrumentation,
> Cork Institute of Technology,
> Rep. of Ireland.

--------------CD265E2E7C02424D1A9E8419

Stephen,
Also re-seat the memory to your SunPCi board. Is this SunPCi card the 400
Mhz version? If so, try downloading SUNPCi software version 1.3 from Sun's
site. Check the OBP version of your SPARC box and check the BIOS version
on your SunPCi card.  All of this is important. If these are not updated
(hardware and software) your system will be problematic. Sun has doumentation
to let you know what revs you need to be at for your machine. I've been
through this myself, and to have everything in sync is important to the
stability of your box. Here is a good place to start.
some difficulty.
get a number of error
am lead to believe should appear).
<pre>--
Stephen O'Driscoll,
Environmental Monitoring & Space Science Group,
Dept. of Applied Physics & Instrumentation,
Cork Institute of Technology,
Rep. of Ireland.</pre>