[SunHELP] How to restrict the login on Solaris servers

Li John-a16118 sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Mon Aug 27 07:21:36 CDT 2001

Hi all,

One common situation in using Solaris server is: We want some server dedicate to some users. To implement this, we can restrict the login on the server so that only specific users can use the server. Other users, even in a NIS domain, can't login the restricted server.

Currently, I use command "setfacl" to restrict the excute right on the shell executables, such as /bin/sh, /bin/csh, /bin/bash, /bin/ksh. Does anyone have the shell startup profile doing this kind of job and can share with me ?

Any good suggestions are highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards.
John Li

[X]General Business Information