[SunHELP] sunpci and failing cdrom

Monty Scroggins sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Fri Aug 24 14:45:53 CDT 2001

--Boundary_(ID_mKAscHHo/gb9/IU/RexH1w)

Does anyone have any ideas on this one -

I have an Ultra5 with a SunPCI II card in it with windows 2000 installed..
I noticed that in windows I couldn't get any sound from the cdrom drive
and in my investigation I selected the setting to enable digital audio from
the cdrom device...   After win2k rebooted, my cdrom device was gone and
a look into the device manager revealed the driver is failing to load..   I cant
undo the digital audio setting because the driver isnt loaded to let me in to
change the settings..    I tried all the usual things - re-installed the driver,
deleted the device and let win2k discover and reload it etc..  but nothing will
fix it.   I refreshed the drivers from the original ones delivered in the sunpci
package but still the driver wont load.    I know the hardware is fine as the
cdrom is accessible from Solaris 2.8.   Does anyone have any ideas what
I can do to set this thing back where it was??  I even poked around in the
registry looking for anything like 'digitalaudio' but never found any setting
that looked like what I was looking for...

If anyone has any ideas on how to fix this I would be grateful.

Monty

--Boundary_(ID_mKAscHHo/gb9/IU/RexH1w)

<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Does anyone have any ideas on this one -
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>I have an Ultra5 with a SunPCI II card in it with
windows 2000 installed..</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>I noticed that in windows I couldn't get any sound
from the cdrom drive</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>and in my investigation I selected the setting to
enable digital audio from</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>the cdrom device...   After win2k
rebooted, my cdrom device was gone and</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>a look into the device manager revealed the driver
is failing to load..   I cant</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>undo the digital audio setting because the driver
isnt loaded to let me in to</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>change the settings..    I tried all
the usual things - re-installed the driver,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>deleted the device and let win2k discover and
reload it etc..  but nothing will</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>fix it.   I refreshed the drivers from
the original ones delivered in the sunpci</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>package but still the driver wont
load.    I know the hardware is fine as the</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>cdrom is accessible from Solaris
2.8.   Does anyone have any ideas what </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>I can do to set this thing back where it
was??  I even poked around in the </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>registry looking for anything like
'digitalaudio'</FONT> <FONT face=Arial size=2>but never found any
setting</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>that looked like what I was looking for...
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>If anyone has any ideas on how to fix this I would
be grateful.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Monty</FONT></DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>

--Boundary_(ID_mKAscHHo/gb9/IU/RexH1w)--