[SunHELP] Hard Drive for Sparc 10.

msr rsm sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Fri Aug 24 13:31:34 CDT 2001

<P>ya SS10 comes with 2 internal HDD drive bays..   </P>
<P>You can find the SUN spares at <A href="http://www.sun.com/ibb/spares/parts-list/TOC.html">http://www.sun.com/ibb/spares/parts-list/TOC.html</A></P>
<P>At ok prompt  run "probe-scsi-all" is it showing one or two harddisks?</P>
<P>If it is showing 2 hdd's .. then  run  "boot -avr" at the ok prompt and give default answers for all the queries.  This will recreated the device files.</P>
<P>If it is showing less than 2 hdd.. then try removing the hdd and reinserting it.. and if it even doesnt work.. may be the hdd is faulty...</P>
<P> </P>
<P><BR> </P>
<P> </P>
<P> </P></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>-----Original Message-----
<DIV></DIV>>From: Meng, Andrew Andrew.Meng at capitalone.com
<DIV></DIV>>Sent: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 14:02:25 -0400
<DIV></DIV>>To: sunhelp at sunhelp.org
<DIV></DIV>>Subject: [SunHELP] Hard Drive for Sparc 10.
<DIV></DIV>>
<DIV></DIV>>
<DIV></DIV>>Hi all,
<DIV></DIV>>
<DIV></DIV>>The hard drive for my SPARCstation 10 is damaged. Can anyone tell me where
<DIV></DIV>>I can find a hard drive specific for SPARCstation 10?
<DIV></DIV>>
<DIV></DIV>>BTW, there are two hard drives in the box, but it seems that system can only
<DIV></DIV>>recognize one, why?
<DIV></DIV>>
<DIV></DIV>>Thanks!
<DIV></DIV>>
<DIV></DIV>>Andrew
<DIV></DIV>>
<DIV></DIV>>**************************************************************************
<DIV></DIV>>The Information transmitted herewith is sensitive information intended only
<DIV></DIV>>for use to the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If the reader
<DIV></DIV>>of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
<DIV></DIV>>any review, retransmission, dissemination, distribution, copying or other
<DIV></DIV>>use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information is
<DIV></DIV>>strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error,
<DIV></DIV>>please contact the sender and delete the material from your computer.
<DIV></DIV>>_______________________________________________
<DIV></DIV>>SunHELP maillist - SunHELP at sunhelp.org
<DIV></DIV>>
<DIV></DIV>>
<DIV></DIV>>
<DIV></DIV>>Visit http://www.visto.com.
<DIV></DIV>>Find out how companies are linking mobile users to the
<DIV></DIV>>enterprise with Visto.
<DIV></DIV>>
<DIV></DIV>>SunHELP maillist - SunHELP at sunhelp.org