[SunHELP] sparc 10 question

sunhelp at sunhelp.org sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu Aug 23 20:47:54 CDT 2001

> I also had a tough time finding the right serial combination for my
> Sparc 20. I finally ordered a cable from UltraSpec and connected my

 You shouldn't have had any problem outside of trying to
use port B without a Y-adapter.

 Have you tried checking the jumper settings on the
motherboard to see if your serial port settings are set
to RS-423 or RS-232-C? The default setting is RS-423,
so you probably should not assume that they are jumpered
to what you are needing now. Aside from that, you'll
just need a perfectly normal null modem cable (or null
modem adapter + normal serial cable), settings at
9600/8/N/1 and yank the keyboard cable from the machine.
And if you want to use serial port B, then you'll need
a special Y-adapter to split your port into both A and B
serial ports.

 -david