[SunHELP] Hostname question...

Peter Stokes sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu Aug 16 04:59:51 CDT 2001

Hi

I do not profess to be any expert on this, but these are my $0.02. Any
corrections are welcome.

You will only have to set-up a FQDN if you are intending to use it within
your system for sendmail or other progs which require it. Other than that
you do not have to, though it is probably a good idea. If nslookup gives you
a domain name it will do no harm to include it. The only thing that is
important is to make sure that if you do a reverse lookup of your IP, it
resolves to a FQDN as some programs use this when you are communicating with
them egg ssh.

Peter
Peter Stokes
Ashlyn Computer Services Ltd