[SunHELP] Netra T1/105 and the fault LED

Frank-Christian Kruegel sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Mon Aug 13 11:55:18 CDT 2001

Hi!

I've recently bought a Netra T1/105 vith 360 MHz processor and 512 MB RAM
through ebay. I installed Solaris 8 04/01, and everything seems to work =
fine.

However, one thing makes me nervous: the fault led: it is on, not bright,=
 but
looks like flickering with 20-50 Hz.

I installed the LOM packages from the Solaris OS Supplement CD, and a lom=
 -a
shows me:

bash-2.03# lom -a
PSUs:
1 OK

=46ans:
1 OK speed 84%
2 OK speed 82%
3 OK speed 84%

LOMlite configuration settings:
serial escape character=3D#
serial event reporting=3Doff
alarm3 mode=3Duser controlled
firmware version=3D2.1
firmware checksum=3D7ca3
product revision=3D0.0
product ID=3DNetra t1=FF105

LOMlite Event Log:
  -
  -
  -
  -
  -
 Alarm 3 OFF
 Fault LED ON
 Fault LED OFF
 power off
 power on
first fatal error
  -

LOMlite alarm states:
Alarm1=3Doff
Alarm2=3Doff
Alarm3=3Doff
=46ault LED=3Doff

LOMlite watchdog (ASR) settings:
Watchdog=3Don
Hardware reset=3Doff
Timeout=3D40 s
bash-2.03#

Before installing the LOM packages I save Alarm3 set to on. I turned it =
off, but
the fault led stayed the same. I turned on the fault led, and it started
blinking. After turning off, it went dim again, but not completely off.

The fault led is dim on when I put in the power cable.

Is this something I have to worry about? Can I correct this?

Mit freundlichen Gr=FC=DFen

Dipl.-Ing. Frank-Christian Kr=FCgel
IstDa Kommunikationssysteme