[SunHELP] Ultra 2 onboard hme problems

Gereon Stein sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Mon Aug 13 06:18:40 CDT 2001

Kevin Stevens wrote:

> What is on the other end of the wire?  I suspect auto-negotiation problems.

That was my first guess,too, but then again: Why does the SunSwift hme
(on SBUS) work fine with the same N-way switch on the other end?
And why does deactivating the auto-negotiation feature in /etc/system
not make any difference?

And, as I wrote in the other msg, the onboard hme of my U1 Creator
(same hme w/internal transceiver and MII connector) doesn't show
these symptoms. I call this weird...

Any hints to (potentially not well-documented) switches in hard-
or software would be _great_ :-)

Thanks,

Jerry