[SunHELP] Seeding for apple network

David Rouse sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu Aug 9 17:07:42 CDT 2001

On Wednesday, August 8, 2001, at 05:10  PM, Wolfgang Engelien wrote:

> I try to get rid of totalnet, but I might need a
> way to seed an apple network. Is there some freeware
> available to seed an apple network?

On Solaris netatalk cannot route AppleTalk, but it can seed zones. Linux
and netatalk can seed zones and provide AppleTalk routing between
network segments. What exactly do you need done? Unless you are routing
between network segments you should *need* zones.

Out on a limb, if you want to attach an old LocalTalk printer to
ethernet you can use an Asante AsanteTalk ethernet to LocalTalk bridge,
works great (I use one).

--
David Rouse