[SunHELP] Hard drive.

Steffen Grunewald sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu Aug 9 02:38:48 CDT 2001

On Wed 2001-08-08 (16:52), John Kennedy wrote:
> I thought the Sparcstation 10 used SCSI with a "special" Sun connection=
 that
> doubled the price of the drive....
> John

No, that's SS20, uses SSA (IIR the acronym C)
SS10 can use "normal" SCSI drives. Watch the orientation of the connector.
The mount kit you've got already, otherwise might be the major problem

> "Meng, Andrew" wrote:
> >=20
> > Hello,
> >=20
> > A Hard drive in a Sparcstation 10 seems to be damaged. I am wondring =
if I
> > can use a normal IDE disk for PC to replace it or I have to get a sun
> > specific hard disk? By the way, where I can find the floppy boot imag=
e(sol
> > 8) to boot the system and use some kind of software to repair the dam=
age
> > disk?

Use a boot CD instead, software =3D format (RTFM: analyze)

Steffen, could you all please cut down the list footers?
--=20
 Steffen Grunewald | GFZ | PB 2.2 | Telegrafenberg E3 | D-14473 Potsdam
 =BB email: steffen(at)gfz-potsdam.de | fax/fon: +49-331-288-1266/-1245 =AB
        Wise men learn by other's mistakes, fools by their own.