[SunHELP] Hard drive.

Hichael Morton sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Wed Aug 8 19:52:36 CDT 2001

SparcStation 1, 1+, 2, 10, 411 & 811 DiskPacks & MultiPacks use a  use
50-pin SCSI hard drives.  (The faster the better.)

SparcStation 4, 5, 20, 611 & 711 DiskPacks & MultiPacks use SCA SCSI
hard drives.  These are drives capable of Fast-Wide SCSI.  The connector
on the 611 & 711 cases are 68-pin.

UltraSparc 10, 5, SunBlade 100 use IDE (Enhanced IDE according to the FE
handbook).

The famous "SunSwift" card comes in both SBus and PCI versions and is
capable of Fast-Wide SCSI and 10/100 Mbit LAN connectors.

Sun uses industry standard connectors for all internal and external hard
drives.

Hope this helps,

Michael