[SunHELP] Two things.......

J P sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Wed Aug 8 08:57:00 CDT 2001

Hey guys, have two questions.  The first is how do I
get a box on one subnet with a different IP to talk to
that net.  Ie. server IP is 10.213.71.100, but it is
on a 10.213.73.X network.  Do I just do a route add
default for the 10.213.72.1?
Second question, has anyone experienced problems with
a U10 440Mhz processor running Solaris 2.6 in
connecting to the network.  If I hard reset the
machine, maybe 1 out of 10 times it will link, but
then during boot, when it gets to configuring hme0 is
will drop the link and NEVER re-establish...  I was
able one time to make and keep a connection by stop-a
MANY times during boot.  Acts to me (and I may be
showing my ignorance here) like the processor is
running too fast for the NIC (oh yeah, it is an
on-board NIC, integrated) and "leaves it behind"  Does
this make sence?  Is there a known issue with 2.6 and
network connectivity with the U10s?  Is there a way to
boot with the processor "choked?"  Is there a way
(again showing my ignorance) to choke back NVRAM?
What am I missing?  I know the network is auto-neg,
and I think by default it is switched at 100base full
duplex, have yet to hear from our network engineer if
this is true.  Since I can only plug into a port in my
cube, the network is a black box to me.......
TIA
Peer