[SunHELP] ultra5 sol8 & gcc

barry sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Mon Aug 6 21:36:08 CDT 2001

i have just rebuilt my ultra 5 from sol 7 -> sol 8 with recommended patches.

the problem i have found is when i go to add the package from
sunfreeware.com for
gcc-2.95.2-sol8-sparc-local

with pkgadd -d ./gcc-2.95.2-sol8-sparc-local

as the package installs i get a lot of checksum errors and either the
package installs with the errors or
it bombs out. i then remove it with pkgrm.

now the package i am using has gone onto another (2) sol 8 servers with no
problems so i dont believe it is
the package. one of these was an ultra 5 and the other was a netra t1.

has anyone come accross this and is it possible to fix it???

i know i can get off of the extra disks in the distro the SFWgcc version of
gcc but i dont want it written to /opt
i would rather keep it in /usr/local as this is how all of my servers are
built.

barry