[SunHELP] RE: Reg su login

Michael Keplinger sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Wed Aug 1 12:36:13 CDT 2001

if you edit the line in /etc/default/login to the
following:

CONSOLE=

Then this will disallow any login access to root.
This will only allow you to su to root.  Then you will
get all logs to su in the sulog.
I believe that this will work even if you have root
named as a different account because solaris only
looks at the UID and not the user name.  Hope this
helps

Mike