[SunHELP] basic question

sunhelp at sunhelp.org sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu Apr 26 10:31:17 CDT 2001

Dear Managers :

Please , I recently Installed Solaris 8 on my Sparc, I
installed gcc compiler, however this is not accesible since I
can't set correctlythe PATH environment variable,on my
Solaris 2.5.1 this was on a profile file, but on Solaris 8 I
can't see that this variable is set on /etc/profile and
neither the /etc/skel/.profile contains this variable, How I
can solve this? This is important , since I am installing new
software and I need to access these from anywhere.

Thak you in advance.

Ernesto
Freyre