[SunHELP] Disksuite

Will Mc Donald sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Tue Apr 17 10:12:47 CDT 2001

And to possibly answer my own question... :)

6.  How do I remove the boot disk from DiskSuite control?
http://www.ebsinc.com/solaris/disksuit.html#korea6

        ok boot cdrom
        # fsck   /dev/rdsk/c0....
        # mount /dev/dsk/c0t3d0s0 /a
        Note: this assumes that your boot device is target three on
        controller zero.
        # vi /a/etc/system
            comment [*] out entries pertaining to / being a metadevice
            (rootdev:pseudo/md:0,blk)
        # vi /a/etc/vfstab
            change metadevice name to physical disk partition for all
            file systems associated with booting
        # mv /a/etc/opt/SUNWmd/etc/mddb.cf /a/etc/opt/SUNWmd/prob.mddb.cf
        # umount /a
        # fsck /dev/rdsk/c0t3d0s0
        # reboot