[SunHELP] Elite3D model?

James Lockwood sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Fri Apr 13 10:54:10 CDT 2001

On Fri, 13 Apr 2001, Kevin Stevens wrote:

> How do I tell if I have a m3 or m6 Elite3D card in a Ultra without opening it
> up (it's not local to me)?

This is an m6.  Here's an afbconfig on an m3:

hydra:/home/users/james% /usr/sbin/afbconfig -prconf

--- Hardware Configuration for /dev/fbs/afb0 ---
Type: double-buffered AFB Lite with Z-buffer
Board: double memory rev 0 (Vertical)
Number of Floats: 3
PROM Information: @(#)afb.fth 1.17 98/03/06
AFB ID: 0x101df06d
DAC: Brooktree 9070, version 1 (Pac2)
3DRAM: Mitsubishi 130a, version 1
Framelock Configuration: Master
EDID Data: Available - EDID version 1 revision 0
Monitor Sense ID: 4  (Sun 37x29cm RGB color monitor)
Monitor possible resolution:
Current resolution setting: 1280x1024x76

The "Lite" and number of floats are different.  m6 has 6, m3 has 3.

Interestingly enough, the afb doesn't show up on a prtdiag (only the other
head, an ffb2+).  This is an Ultra 30.

-James