[SunHELP] arp handling

Wolfgang Engelien sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Wed Apr 11 15:42:24 CDT 2001

Hello again,

can somebody (on Solaris 2.5.1, all new patches for arp
and ifconfig installed) please confirm the following
behavior.
I think its broken, but I am not sure if it is only my
computer.  After "ifconfig hme0 -arp", I can still f.e.
ping the computer from every computer within the LAN
and the "arp -a" before and after shows, that he still
learned the new MAC address.
(On Sol8 it works just as it should. After the
"ifconfig hme0 -arp" is no connect possible from any
computer, who has not a static entry in the "arp -a"
list)

Thanks,
Wolfgang