[SunHELP] Helix Gnome?

sunhelp at sunhelp.org sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Fri Apr 6 08:55:58 CDT 2001

--openmail-part-3b0515d2-00000001

I'm running windomaker/gnome(helix code) on an Ultra 10/Solaris
8/Creator card and it works great. The only caveat about the helix code
stuff is that a.) It really only does run on Ultra's (Solaris 7 or 8
only) with creator cards and b.) Some of the stuff was written for the
x86 platform, and does not work properly on a sun box, i.e. CPU
applets, etc. Plus compiling things yourself may allow you to optimize
the performance. Just realize that not everything will work right after
the install.
-Blake