[SunHELP] Xterm boot

Melinda Taylor sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu Apr 5 21:01:32 CDT 2001

Hello,

I have a couple of Sun xterms booting from my server using the SUNWxt
software. They work just fine.

I thought that to revamp my old sparc 4's I would set them up as xterms as
well (Diskless clients) . I set up entries for them (based one the MAC
address) in SUNWxt on the server.

I then set the boot env of the Sparc 4's to 'boot net' but all I get is an
arp/rarp timeout error. I tried a more specific boot command using
IP addresses of machine and server (they are on the same subnet)
but to no avail.

Anyone had any experience setting up old sparc temrinals into
xterms?

Thanks,

Melinda

Dr. Melinda Taylor                      Research Associate
Dept. of Astrophysics and Optics        Phone: +61 2 9385 4560
School of Physics                       Fax:   +61 2 9385 6060
UNSW, Sydney, 2052                      Email: melinda at phys.unsw.edu.au