[SunHELP] [Q] anyone know "Robotic Automation and/or 2nd drive"on VeritasNetbackup?

Bruce Pullig sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu Apr 5 15:59:01 CDT 2001

I've not worked with an L9 before.   Some libraries will automatically
eject tapes and load the next slot.  If the L9 will do this then you can
get around having the Automation feature.  But to get the most out of
your L9, I'd suggest getting the software.

I've done it both ways with different tape libraries, and the only
effecient way is with the Tape server (Legato, Veritas) automation
control feature.

L wrote:

> If I don't purchase this software does SUN L9 autoloader still work
> correctly.
>
> On Thu, 5 Apr 2001, Bruce Pullig wrote:
>
> > That is what controls the robotic arm in your tape library.  I'd
> > recomend it.
> >
> > L wrote:
> > >
> > > We have SUN E450 and just purchased a SUN Storedge L9 autoloader.  This L9
> > > autoloader has 1 DLT 8000 drive with 9 slots.  The Vendor also suggest us
> > > purchase following items:
> > >
> > >    Netbackup Business server for Solaris
> > >    Netbackup business server database agent for ORACLE
> > >    Netbackup business server license for Robotic Automation and/or 2nd
> > >    drive.
> > >
> > > Does anyone can tell me what is "Netbackup business server license for
> > > Robotic Automation and/or 2nd drive"?  Is it required?
> > >
> > > Thanks

  Bruce Pullig
  IT Operations - Data Management Center

  GeoQuest