[SunHELP] Maximum users on a Solaris 2.6 server

Will Mc Donald sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Wed Apr 4 04:10:37 CDT 2001

Strange. Your "set maxusers =40" in /etc/system is commented out so that's
not the problem. And Nicholas has pointed out the MAXUID isn't the problem
either.

When you say the new users aren't added do you mean there are no home areas
for them in /export/home or are they just not appearing at all in
/etc/passwd ? Is there anything in /var/adm/messages or the syslog ?