[Sunhelp] Installation Information Needed

Magnus Abrante magnus.abrante at sweden.sun.com
Fri Sep 29 03:45:13 CDT 2000

> Just done almost the same thing so I can give you a couple of pointers. You
> didn't say which version of Solaris you are using. If it's 8 you get
> disksuite thrown in for free so I'd suggest using two internal disks for the
> o/s and mirror them. The A1000 has a few gotchas. Do you have any idea how
> you want to carve it up ie how many disks do you have, RAID level etc? Again
> if you are using SOlaris 8 you MUST get Raid manager 6.2 plus patches for it
> to work.

Just adding that the requierd version of Raid Manager is 6.22, which is
available for download at:
http://www.sun.com/service/online/software.html

Btw, I prefer using 6.22 even if the OS isn't Solaris 8, less trouble
with patches etc.

        //Magnus Abrante
/* This is my opinion and not the one of my empolyer */