[Sunhelp] Installation Information Needed

Fletcher, Joe joe.fletcher at Metapack.com
Fri Sep 29 03:22:33 CDT 2000

Hi

Just done almost the same thing so I can give you a couple of pointers. You
didn't say which version of Solaris you are using. If it's 8 you get
disksuite thrown in for free so I'd suggest using two internal disks for the
o/s and mirror them. The A1000 has a few gotchas. Do you have any idea how
you want to carve it up ie how many disks do you have, RAID level etc? Again
if you are using SOlaris 8 you MUST get Raid manager 6.2 plus patches for it
to work.
Also if you want more than 8 LUNs from the box there is another fix required
before the system will see units 9 upwards. Are you using Veritas or
anything similar?

Feel free to send any questions my way.

Cheers

Joe