[Sunhelp] NIS Help

Balaji srinivasan chennai_dude at excite.com
Thu Sep 28 10:34:40 CDT 2000

Hi Admins,
           Request your help for this newbie admin on NIS.
We have a master NIS server and many nis clients. A new client is being
added to our network. It's a another Sun SParc station. I have updated the
/etc/nsswitch.conf file so that nis is used. I have also updated the
/etc/hosts file with nis master server entry and entry for few other
servers. ypbind is running,ypwhich returns the master name properly. But
when I do a ypcat hosts I don't find my new client entry in it. I have
updated my new client's entry in the master servers /etc/hosts. Is there
anything I should do to have the master server update its db?.

Request your help. Let me know if I'm doing anything wrong.

Thanks,
Balaji
Unix Administrator
Segue Software Inc..,