[Sunhelp] Sizing a DNS server

David Rouse cn1407 at coastalnet.com
Sun Sep 24 10:16:34 CDT 2000

At work we run the authoratative DNS server for our domain. The domain gets
about 200-300 email a day (in and out), 7,000 HTTP page requests a day and
we have about 50 users (about 10 that are active on the Internet).

Currently we are running MacDNS on a Quadra 610, which I just can't seem to
get to stay running. I don't think the Quadra has been swamped, it is just
that the MacDNS software isn't very reliable. I've been thinking about
getting a small Sun box and running BIND 8. Do you folks think an IPX be
enough in this situation?

--
drouse