[Sunhelp] A1000 Rackmount kit

Fletcher, Joe joe.fletcher at Metapack.com
Thu Sep 21 15:46:13 CDT 2000

Hi.

Yep. The A1000 it seems doesn't come as a rack mount option. We ordered the
kit for it
but I can't seem how it's ever going to fit in the same racks our E420r's
do. For now we have them on shelves supplied by the manufacturers of the
racks. Better yet, once we've adjusted the racks to take the E420s we can't
fit the shelves into the same cabinet. Ergo the servers are in one rack, the
disks are in another.

No fun!

Cheers

Joe

-----Original Message-----
From: Karl Rossing [mailto:karl.rossing at federated.ca]
Sent: 21 September 2000 21:21
To: sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Subject: [Sunhelp] A1000 Rackmount kit

We just got an A1000. It came as a rackmount model.

We wanted to put in the same rack as our e250's/450's which also came
rackmounted. The rack is an APC Netshelter 80u rack.

The silly part is that the A1000 rack rails don't fit the rack at all.
There is no way that i can mount the a1000 in the APC rack using the sun
rack rails.

Sun's website does not document anything about this.

I'm wondering if anyone else had problems with Rackmounting an A1000.

Karl
SunHELP maillist  -  SunHELP at sunhelp.org