[Sunhelp] building kernel

nathan beemern at telecom.ksu.edu
Tue Sep 19 16:15:01 CDT 2000

Magnus Abrante wrote:

> No recompiling needed in Solaris, solaris uses a modular kernel.
>
> I'm not quite sure what you are talking about, if it is the
> parallel port controller (small `brick' with 1 parallel port
> and 8 serial) you will need some drivers, which are available
> on a CD-rom which usually is supplied with it, if you have lost
> it just drop me a mail, i think i have a copy of it somewhere.

i checked.. and that IS the animal (1 parallel, 8 serial ports)
as far as drivers.. i have no clue where they might be. the person who
originally set it up is LONG gone now, and there's no organization/structure
to even begin looking for them.

in short, if you can find them, i would be most grateful for the drivers

many thanks!
nathan